My friend and former design classmate Katie MacLennan writes a great blog called Polka Dot Soup. On it she writes a post some Mondays called “Multitude Monday.” She writes, “Mondays are about documenting the little (or big!) things in life that make me oh-so-happy. Let’s make Mondays a day to reflect on the goodies, and not the baddies.”
Also, last year I read Brené Brown’s book “Daring Greatly: How The Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead,” in which she writes, “The shudder of vulnerability that accompanies joy is an invitation to practice gratitude, to acknowledge how truly grateful we are for the person, the beauty, the connection, or simply the moment before us.”
(The last Multitude Monday post I wrote, last week, is here.)
The ten things I’m most grateful for right now:
191. A relaxed Friday night at home.
192. Sleeping in on Saturday morning.
193. Because Adam was working, I had the house to myself on Saturday. I did a massive pile of dishes that had been waiting and holding over from the previous three days. I cranked the tunes. I had the windows open. It was good.
194. A visit with a friend and chats about film-making, creativity, and community.
197. Community wishes.
198. Visiting with a blog reader in Baddeck Bay (picture at top of post is from her home).
199. Visiting with my mom and brother on Sunday afternoon. There really is nothing like family, for getting old in-jokes, for laughing at the weird things, for presence, for love.
200. Returning home Sunday evening and curling up on the couch with Adam. Football on the TV, takeout pizza, and just being there together = heaven.
Have a great Monday!