My friend and classmate Katie MacLennan writes a great blog called Polka Dot Soup. On it she writes a post some Mondays called “Multitude Monday.” She writes, “Mondays are about documenting the little (or big!) things in life that make me oh-so-happy. Let’s make Mondays a day to reflect on the goodies, and not the baddies.”
I also just finished Brené Brown’s book “Daring Greatly,” in which she writes, “The shudder of vulnerability that accompanies joy is an invitation to practice gratitude, to acknowledge how truly grateful we are for the person, the beauty, the connection, or simply the moment before us.”
Katie’s been doing it long enough that she’s up to 700 things (doing 10 each time). Last week I posted my first ten. Here are the ten things right now that I’m thankful for:
11. Dinner with Adam’s folks on Sunday to celebrate his birthday and his Dad’s birthday. His mom, Mary Jane, is an excellent cook! I love spending face-to-face time with family.
12. Finishing a fantastic book in four days and crying a bit at the end. (Rare for me!)
13. Grateful for being able-bodied after reading that book.
14. A great local farmer’s market to attend on Saturday.
15. Meeting friends there and having things to talk and laugh about.
16. Although I’m sick of winter (like lots of folks I think!), the textures of the snow can be stunningly beautiful.
17. I’m excited to get a hair cut this week from my favourite hair stylist Tanis Delaney in Baddeck! I’m itching for a change, and am thinking I’ll even go above the shoulders. !!
18. Feeling mildly on top of my schoolwork.
19. Having truly lovely classmates to commiserate with when I don’t.
20. A container of Mary Jane’s beef-barley soup in the fridge to eat for dinner tonight.