Goodness, how did we get here already!? I don’t know about you, but for me the last month and a half has flown by. Between Lumiere, the Writers’ Festival, and school, it’s gone by really fast.
Celtic Colours, the big island-wide music and culture festival, starts today and goes for a whole week. I don’t think I have the energy or time to make it to any events, but for those of you who are going to some concerts or workshops, slainte!! And have fun!
I’m thankful for so much these days but for the purposes of keeping this post short and not super irritating, I’m going to name just a few:
- My honey. He’s so giving and loving, it makes me feel positively spoiled. I’d write more — I could gush about my mister for days! — but he’s a private person and I respect that. Suffice it to say, even though he challenges me daily, he’s also the perfect one for me. And holy crap, am I ever grateful that he’s a patient man!
- Cape Breton’s natural beauty. Lakes, rivers, beaches, woods, mountains, bogs… we are stinking rich with the beautiful wild here.
- Taste buds – especially at Thanksgiving. To be able to taste all the delicious food is a blessing… ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans with bacon, and of course pie…. mmmm…
- Not to be schmaltzy or anything, but I’m also super grateful for you, my dear readers. For your support, your smiles, your comments in person and online. I hope you all have a great weekend of relaxation and fun. Oh and of course food!
And here are two posts from this time last year:
- Happy Thanksgiving, what I’m thankful for
- About dreams coming true and more dreams for the future