My friend and classmate Katie MacLennan writes a great blog called Polka Dot Soup. On it she writes a post some Mondays called “Multitude Monday.” About the feature, she writes, “Mondays are about documenting the little (or big!) things in life that make me oh-so-happy. Let’s make Mondays a day to reflect on the goodies, and not the baddies.”
A few months ago I read Brené Brown’s book “Daring Greatly,” in which she writes, “The shudder of vulnerability that accompanies joy is an invitation to practice gratitude, to acknowledge how truly grateful we are for the person, the beauty, the connection, or simply the moment before us.”
(The last Multitude Monday post I wrote, three weeks ago, is here.)
Here are the ten things right now that I’m thankful for:
71. Baby Violet, whose shower I went to on Saturday in Blues Mills.
72. Spending that whole day with Jacquie, Aleena & Hollie, driving to the shower, being there with them, and coming home again.
73. Going to a greenhouse on the way home and getting two honeysuckle plants for my garden. I’m a sucker for vines and beautiful flowers! I planted them on Sunday and can’t wait to watch them grow and twine themselves around the railings to our steps, front and back.
74. Spending a lazy Sunday morning to myself, marathon-watching the show “Girls”, and later on doing some work in the garden.
75. I’m heading into my last week of my work term. The time has flown but I’ve learned a bunch!
76. Yoga starts up again tonight with my teacher Sherry Finney, at the new studio, Yellow Dog. (Commercial Street, North Sydney.)
77. Wednesday night I’m heading to the Savoy Theatre in Glace Bay with some gal pals to see the musical Chicago! I’ve heard great things about this production and I’m excited.
78. Looking forward to a grad-photo session next month with my classmates, done by my teacher, Wendy McElmon. Her photography is stunning!
79. Couch-time with Adam, watching hockey. Chicago, his team, is still in the playoffs!
80. Fresh leaves unfurling.
Have a great Monday!