My friend and classmate Katie MacLennan writes a great blog called Polka Dot Soup. On it she writes a post some Mondays called “Multitude Monday.” She writes, “Mondays are about documenting the little (or big!) things in life that make me oh-so-happy. Let’s make Mondays a day to reflect on the goodies, and not the baddies.”
I also recently read Brené Brown’s book “Daring Greatly,” in which she writes, “The shudder of vulnerability that accompanies joy is an invitation to practice gratitude, to acknowledge how truly grateful we are for the person, the beauty, the connection, or simply the moment before us.”
Here are the ten things right now that I’m thankful for:
31. Re-reading a favourite book, “How To Be Idle,” which challenges my anxieties about “hard work” and “am I doing enough,” and helps me slow down and enjoy life more.
32. This piece on a blog called “Natalie Dressed,” that talks about how to turn life’s little annoyances into evidence of things to be grateful for came at the right time: heading back to school after a week off on March Break!
33. So in that vein, all the dishes there are to do are actually evidence of us having good food to eat, and time to prepare meals.
34. Citrus fruit.
35. Longer daylight hours.
36. A window directly in front of my desk in my home office, so when I get stuck on a blog post I can look up and out at clouds, sky, light, wind, trees, and crows.
37. Getting ready for a second season of selling my postcards and stickers, and having some new stores to carry them.
38. The library. Always, always. Free books to read: for a bookworm like me, it really doesn’t get much better than that.
39. Getting ready to raise some money with art, so our Graphic Design class can attend the rad “Creativity Conference” here in Sydney next month.
What are you grateful for? I’d love to hear. And, have a happy Monday.