The registration deadline is coming up for a great event happening in Sydney next weekend!
The event: The Youth Social Enterprise Boot Camp. Cost: free!
Cape Breton University, in partnership with ACCSE and other local partners are challenging 50 young Cape Bretoners to begin creating real entrepreneurial solutions to the social, environmental or economic issues that they care deeply about – solutions that they will actually implement in their communities. ACCSE facilitators will lead an intensive workshop at the CBU campus on March 30 – April 1, 2012, which will:
- Expose students to other young social entrepreneurs from across the province, region and country;
- Engage them in identifying the issues that they would like to see addressed;
- Lead them through a process to identify a range of entrepreneurial solutions to their chosen issue, and select one that presents the most promise;
- Help them to build an initial business case for their chosen social enterprise;
- Provide them with the opportunity to present their social enterprise to and get valuable feedback from a panel of experts;
- Connect them to the range of resource people, agencies and programs available to develop and implement their social enterprise; and
- Challenge them to take steps after the boot camp to actually move forward with their enterprise.
For more information, and to register (by March 26th!), click here.
Also, I am so honored to be one of Friday night’s three keynote speakers. I’ll be talking about my blog and the excitement and joy I see here in Cape Breton, and the possibilities for us to determine our own future. Tim Damon, who is organizing the event, is super great and quick to respond, so if you have any questions, I encourage you to give him a call or send him an email (563.1434 or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
I’m really excited for next weekend. I hope to see you there!