Wanted: other writers and creative people to contribute!
Do you write, take photos, make videos, or have some other creative pursuit?
Do you live somewhere in Cape Breton, or have once lived here? And, do you like to do research and then write about it?
I’m always looking for people to contribute writing and/or pictures to this blog. Here is a list of ideas for what I need, but the list is not exhaustive and can be added to!
- Correspondents from various communities – write about your town or dot on the map. What’s it like to live in your community, from your perspective?
- Regular feature columnists – do you have a particular interest or hobby, like the history of coal mining, or hiphop music, or Gaelic storytelling? You could write a regular feature about the topic, for the blog.
- People who live away – what your life is like there. What’s it like to live in Fort McMurray, from your perspective? Or New York City, or Japan?
To find out more, get in touch – email me (email@example.com) or leave a comment. I would edit your work before publishing, and this process would perhaps require re-writes. I can’t pay you anything for your work but you would receive a byline and retain copyright over your words. Oh and you get bragging rights!
Or, Submit Ideas!
If you know of a person, place, event or organization that I could cover, please let me know! I’m from Baddeck and am fairly well aware of stuff that goes on around my town (although, not completely). But Cape Breton is made up of so many communities and I really don’t have a clue what goes on in, say, Gabarus, or Port Hood, or Cheticamp. So I need your help!
I’m looking for -
- People from away who live here
- People from here who live here
- People from here who live away
- In general, wherever they’re from, people who are willing to talk about their lives and what the challenges are, but also what the joys are, of living here
- Events, places and organizations – of all types. Dart clubs, curling clubs, youth centers, art galleries, cafes, and many more… places that contribute to the local quality of life.
Don’t be shy – please get in touch! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org